Friday, February 22, 2013

New Beginnings

I walk through a park on my way to work. Most mornings, I find the park lake partially frozen, and that the only sounds are the cries of angry ducks, and the footfall of joggers. Recently, I have instead been greeted by the sound of children's laughter, and water that glitters as it moves beneath the sunlight.

It seems half term is upon us, and that spring is struggling it's way into the world, bring with it the hesitant bloom for the first few daffodils.

It's a time for new beginnings, and for me to share with you my new projects.


  • Editing an anthology for RASP. - The anthology will be called Disobedience, something I know more about than most people might expect. It's a difficult task, but one that is incredibly rewarding. 

  • Helping to set up a mentoring scheme for dyslexics. - It will be connected to several UK Universities, but that's all I can say for now. I am really excited by this, and the potential this has to support young dyslexic people. 

  • Making changes to dysbooks.com, and working on some more short films to compliment and replace some of the text.

  • Casting for Dysbooks' introductory short film.

  • Continuing my novel in progress. - Not exactly a new project, but a vital one. The novel isn't very good right now, but the main thing is that I finish it, then I have something to work with, and to reshape into a more coherent and elegant form. I'm over the half way point now, but there is still plenty of plot to go. 

  • I am considering entering some short story competitions, and I am going to add something about these to dysbooks.com in the near future. If there is any other information or resources you would like to see on the site please let me know. 


I run children's events at the bookshop where I work, and It's been very busy with half term, and I have been running a few special events. I ran one of these on Wednesday and ended up with blue thumbs from all the balloons I was blowing up to give away as prizes. It's wonderful to see young people having fun, and one of the best parts of my job.

I'll have more news for you soon, along with something about the Dysbooks' Book Club. Please get in touch if you would like to join, either in a blog comment here, or by sending an email to: sarah@dysbooks.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment